A new community gathering in the city: DC’s Emerging Humanities Professionals Meet-up Group! Join the Heurich House Museum staff for an ongoing meet and greet in the museum’s biergarten to share your experience and learn from others like you!
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023 6-8pm
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023 6-8pm
- Wednesday, December 6, 2023 (holiday party!) 6-8pm
- More in 2024…
1307 New Hampshire Ave NW
Washington, DC 20036
Is this free?
Yes! The museum staff asks that you RSVP so we can share information on future meet-ups as well as reserve enough space in the biergarten. All attendees will get a 10% drink discount at the cash bar.
Who is this for?
- A humanities professional*
One of the following:
- Not in the executive suite (yet)
- In grad school studying something in the humanities field and working part-time
- Full time in the field
- The lone-wolf in your organization and the only person working in a humanities role (eg. you’re a curator of a gallery at a medical center)
- At an organization where your colleagues have been for decades and you’re looking for new thought partners
Who is a humanities professional*?
A person whose work examines culture and societies through a lens of history, literature, philosophy, language, arts or civics.
Why are the Heurich House Museum staff forming this group?
We believe cultural institutions have a responsibility to build and develop the next generation of leaders. Our staff approached leadership about utilizing the museum’s space to form the group. This group is created by and for DC’s emerging humanities professionals. Our boss won’t be there, leave yours at work too.