Since the 1970s, Dupont Circle has been one of DC's “gayborhoods." Today, it is home to the Capital Pride block party and parade. Celebrate all month long at 1921, a Biergarten with Pride beers, rainbow crafts, history from Rainbow History Project, music, and games. Use us as a landing place for pre- and post-parade festivities.
Pride Parade and Block Party Day: Saturday, June 10th
Poster Making & Crafts 12-4pm:
- Before joining the festivities in Dupont, stop by to make posters
- And every 90s kid’s favorite: wearable rainbow scratch art (We’re talking tiaras, bracelets, and more!)
Supporting our Community 12-8pm:
- 10% of all sales will be donated to our community partner, Rainbow History Project, who collects, preserves and promotes LGBTQ+ history in Washington, D.C.
All Month Long:
History in the Garden:
- Pick-up a Rainbow History Project neighborhood map and take a walking tour of Dupont or grab a seat in the biergarten and find history at your table.
Pride on the Menu:
- Red Bear Brewing x DC Brau “All Hail the Queens,” 100% of profits donated to SMYAL DC and The Washington Blade Foundation
- ANXO Annual Pride Cider
- Our music selection is total request all month long, submit your favorite Queer anthems at @1921biergarten on Instagram and we’ll add it to the playlist.
- Grab “The Queer Agenda” card game at the bar and play with your friends in the biergarten!
Our monthly craft station on Wednesday, June 21st will invite you to make rainbow sun-catchers that celebrate PRIDE and the summer solstice! Stop by from 4-8pm and enjoy it for FREE!